30.10.11

Income streams

In this day and age job security is a luxury of the past.

With the recessions, downsizing, and increase in the workforce jobs are never secure.

You can be with a company for years and years and within the blink of an eye it's all gone!

What's even worse is that most people build a career in one field and find themselves wishing they had different options once they are jobless.

So what is the solution you ask?

Well in my own life, I have come to the realization that I want to focus on many different income streams.

For starters, I have so many ideas and passions that doing so allows me to pursue more than one calling.

This also allows me to feel secure in knowing that I am not dependent on one income stream.

Are you a finance guru who loves to tutor? Why not tutor on the side?
20 year tennis pro? Why not offer some lessons.

Or at the very least pursue different passions and skills.

That way you will always have something to fall back on or add to your income stream when the going gets tough.

In my case rather than working my way up the corporate ladder as I was a few years back, I have decided to pursue many different paths.

I have recently become a recruiter and wish to pursue this as one income stream.

I am an Aloe Vera distributor and plan on devoting more time into this.

I plan on publishing a book one day and my blog is the first step.

I want to create a work out which I will be posting on You Tube.

I love to help people so I have decided to become certified as a Life Coach.

My friend and I are starting an event group which will be another income stream.

These are all tailored to my personal goals and dreams.

What are your passions?

What are your dreams?

Maybe it's time to start investing your energy into them.

Food for thought.

No comments: